- Clean your gutters and downspouts. Build-up in your gutters can cause water damage to your siding and roof.
- Check your siding for any damage and clean any areas that need it.
- Check your roof for any missing shingles and have a professional repair if needed.
- If you have a natural cedar roof, DO NOT power wash it! This can shorten and damage your cedar shingles as the pressure washer rips off layers of cedar which makes them thinner. As the cedar gets thinner they will crack, cup and curl early. Only replace cedar shake pieces where needed.
- Clean the inside and outside of your windows. While doing this check all of your screens for tears/rips and repair or rescreen them.
- Clean out your vents – be sure to check your side vents for laundry/bathroom where needed.
- Have your HVAC system tuned up. You’ll probably start using your air conditioner soon, and you want it to be as efficient as possible!
- Check your fences for loose boards and poles to keep your yard safe and kids and pets inside .
- Organize your shed and garage – are there any areas that need repairs?
- Test outdoor lighting and replace light bulbs where needed.
If you discover any issues on your home’s exterior – give us a call! We’ll come check out your roof, siding, windows, gutters and deck to help you make your home the best it can be.